New developments and projects
In May 2009, Juste purchased 100% of Justesa Imagen, becoming the current chemical and pharmaceutical Juste Group. From then on the R&D&i department was strengthened and new projects and developments were introduced, which in a very short time crystallized as:
- Development, scaling-up, validation, and starting the production of Iohexol for which GMPs have been obtained and the CEP has been requested.
- Optimization of the manufacturing process of iothalamic acid, as well as the development and validation of the analytical methods needed for its control. This product is currently in the production phase.
- Development and optimization of a method for manufacturing Iopamidol, currently in the pilot plant.
- Development of a method for manufacturing Iodixanol, currently in the laboratory.
- A project to study and develop magnetic resonance imaging contrast agents.
- Development of a procedure for the reduction and revalorization of the effluents of production.
The Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology Center (CQAB) and the Department of Organic Chemistry, both from the University of Alcalá de Henares (Madrid) have collaborated in many of these projects.
Besides our own resources, it has been possible to carry out these projects thanks to the funding in different calls and plans from CDTI, the Ministry of Science and Innovation, and the Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
Because of the strong R&D&i vocation, Justesa Imagen has presented itself to the successive PROFARMA programs (Ministry of Industry, Energy, and Tourism) that aims favoring the competitiveness of the pharmaceutical sector, strengthening and assessing the activities that offer greater added value and particularly those linked with research, development, and innovation.